NDIS are developing a new Home and Living policy that will inform the way they support NDIS participants to pursue their home and living goals.
NDIS want to give participants more choice and control over where they live, who they live with and the supports they use. We also want to support participants to build the skills they need to live independently.
They want to hear from participants living in a variety of living situations to find out more about their goals and preferences around:
- Where they live - a housing option tailored to my goals, preferences and needs
- Who they live with - alone or with my friends, partner, family, or chosen others
- Who helps them - informal supports, funded NDIS supports and other supports
- The things they use - the use of disability-related technology, assistive technology and modifications
- How they want to live their lives - day-to-day routine, socialising, work.
If you are interested in learning more and/or contributing to the conversation, NDIS is seeking input by 5pm Friday 27 August 2021.
Click here to view a copy of the consultation paper on the NDIS website.